Maya Midwifery/ACAM is Hiring
midwifery instructor/mentor and assistant program manager
Projected Start Date: June 1, 2018 (negotiable)
Live-in placement at ACAM birth center and clinic (in apartment with separate bathroom and kitchen above the clinic). CNM will live at ACAM during the work week (M-F) with option to stay on-site during weekends or travel as desired.
- CNM or CM- Experience at least 2 years as full scope midwife (may consider less midwifery experience if possesses other health care experience prior)
- Fluent in Spanish reading, writing and speaking.
- Some international health experience preferred
- Ultrasound skills preferred
- Minimum commitment 6 months, 1 year preferred
- Coordination with U.S.-based CNMs on topics including project updates, budget reporting, and planning.
- Clinical mentoring of ACAM midwives in full scope practice: be present and assist with non-emergent deliveries as much as practical. While on-site, should be available at any time to assist in case of emergencies.
- Assistance with planning, coordination, and implementation of weekly mobile clinics to outlying communities and programmed outreach to community midwives
- Assistance to ACAM midwives with planning and organization of new projects, coordinating regular all-house meetings and separate meetings with the ACAM officers.
- Participate in local and national meetings with the ACAM midwives to further midwifery profession in Guatemala.
- Network and work with other NGOs and midwifery organizations throughout Guatemala. Plan for approximately 1 visit per month to other organizations.
- Stipend, room and board at ACAM center
- 6 weeks of paid vacation
- One round trip plane ticket and ground transportation to the ACAM center
- Travel and evacuation insurance costs covered