Maya Midwifery International is a small 501c3 charity which depends on private and corporate donations to continue its programs. All donations are tax deductible.
Your donations at work
- $25 provides the gasoline for two mobile clinic trips
- $50 provides medications to prevent postpartum hemorrhage for 10 women
- $100 provides 3 midwifery textbooks
- $450 provides 1 midwifery kit containing medical instruments, textbook, and supplies
- $1000 provides computer classes for 20 women for 1 year
- $1500 provides medicines and supplies for 3 mobile clinics to remote areas
- $2800 provides 1 year salary for a Maya midwife
- $5000 provides instruction for 20 midwife apprentices
- $30,000 would provide a 4 wheel drive vehicle to reach remote areas year round
We also accept donations of usable medical equipment, computers, teaching models, rock climbing gear for emergency rescues, hand knit newborn/infant layettes, and other in-kind donations in good working order. Please contact us if you wish to donate these items.
Checks should be made out to Maya Midwifery International and mailed to
MMI c/o James Carbone
118 Highland Rd.
Somerville, MA 02144
We also accept PayPal donations.
Chjonte! Gracias! Thank you!
Please contact us if you have any questions.